Monday, September 19, 2011
"The 90,000 square-foot Library and Learning Center opened its doors in the fall of 2010. It has a capacity for 300,000 volumes. There are 37 study rooms that can be used for group and project work. The Library and Learning Center houses the Academic Enhancement Center, Quiet Reading Room, Heritage Lecture Room and the Center for Teaching Excellence. Additionally, Jazzman's Cafe is located on the main floor and serves light refreshments." http://www.ggc.edu/library/
"The building’s centerpiece is a three-story atrium that houses the Information Commons, an open study area providing a variety of furnishings for individual or group study. The atrium’s curtain wall provides impressive views to and from the central campus. Balconies and windows overlook the expansive atrium area from upper level floors." http://bit.ly/oHt5HK
"GGC's Library is the first academic library in Georgia to achieve LEED Gold certification, and it is one of only seven Gold-certified academic libraries in the U.S."
The Klarchek Information Commons at Loyola U., Chicago has LEED Silver. For more LEED libraries, check out the Green Libraries Directory, last updated April, 2010.
- ► 2012 (15)
- LEED Gold Certification for Georgia Gwinnett Colle...
- "The Best Learning and Collaborative Space in the ...
- Update - EDUCAUSE 2011 - Early Bird ends September...
- "Commons Is So Last Decade" Says The Ubiquitous Li...
- EKU's Noel Studio for Academic Creativity - an Upd...
- Tennessee Tech Opens Learning Commons
- ▼ September (6)
- ► 2010 (31)